Welcome to the blog of Ron Leighton, Fantasy Author

Join me in the Shining Lands where gods, giants, werewolves, vampires and bears are real. (Oh, and I may share my art once in awhile so it doesn't get lonely in the portfolio.)


Monday, January 16, 2012

NEW fantasy short story, 'Beneath a Vengeful Sun'

'Beneath a Vengeful Sun' available starting today at Smashwords for only 99 cents!

Sample:


She stood before a black pit, watching it grow wider and deeper as it caved into itself. She felt the earth beneath her feet giving way, and dreaded the plunge that would follow. As she balanced there on the precipice, a foggy image floated up at her from the void and then came into focus, and she could clearly make out a pale face suspended there in the dark —an unshaven face with half-closed eyes, framed by wet, lank hair. Its mouth did not move, yet somehow it whispered regret to her in a ceaseless chant.
Suddenly she fell and the face rose up towards her, drawing closer and closer. An unvoiced scream itched in her throat for an endless moment.
The eyes sprang open...







Download and enjoy 'Beneath A Vengeful Sun' today!

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can find more information about it on my blog at http://bridgetsrantsnramblings.blogspot.com/

    Congrats!

    You were a big inspiration to get me out there and working to add maps to my own work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read the sample above, but I wanted to let you know, that I thought it was beautiful. It almost read like a poem with each word flowing into the next. If the rest of your story reads like that. I believe you truly have a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very, very much Bridget! Very kind of you! I will check it out. :)


    And Anonymous: Extremely kind of you. :) Its only 99 cents and, yes, the rest of it is at least as good as the sample. Promise.

    ReplyDelete