Welcome to the blog of Ron Leighton, Fantasy Author

Join me in the Shining Lands where gods, giants, werewolves, vampires and bears are real. (Oh, and I may share my art once in awhile so it doesn't get lonely in the portfolio.)


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review of 'Beneath a Vengeful Sun'

Daniel Swensen (aka @surlymuse) gave my newest fantasy short story ebook 4 out of 5 stars. Read what he had to say:

Beneath a Vengeful Sun is the inner (and outer) journey of Ránača, a concubine laboring beneath the yoke of cruel captors. 

This is the third short story I've read by Ron Leighton, and I think it's his strongest yet. The character of Ránača is strong and compelling; wracked by self-doubt, yet resolute. As with his other short stories, Beneath a Vengeful Sun hints at a much greater scope, mentioning a panoply of cultures, nations, and snippets of history.

Beneath a Vengeful Sun is a fun adventure, well worth your buck, and another stirring lead-in to Leighton's upcoming (I hope) Shining Lands book.



(Swensen's Surly Muse site is here.)

__________
Get 'Beneath a Vengeful Sun' for only 99 cents at Smashwords. There you can also find my other short stories, 'A Cheerful Smoke for the Dead' and 'Child of Chaos', only 99 cents ea.

No comments:

Post a Comment